Friday, January 25, 2008

Because I want it all


Today I went to Lawrence, had lunch with Jen and her friend whose name escapes me right now. Thai food, mmmm. After lunch I went downtown and hit Urban Outfitters and Hobbs, which is a funky local shop that reminds me a bunch of Greenwich Village. I bought a card for a friend and proceeded across the street to Starbucks. I set my "enriched flour"bag down on the counter and the girl said, "Ah, you've been to Hobbs." "Yup, sure have!" "Last time I went in there I got a charcoal bag. It even said 'do not light grill inside.' All day long people were asking me why I had charcoal and was I going to have a barbeque?" It was pretty funny. This evening Jason and I played Monopoly with the girls. I was going to post that picture, but I didn't want to explain that I got a flour bag from a shop and have people going, "Nurr?" Anyhow, it was the "Horse Lover's Edition" that Leigha got for Christmas. It's so strange playing on a Monopoly set that's brand new. Monopoly is one of those games that's supposed to have dog eared pieces and is missing Oriental Avenue. After a while I drew a card from the pile that said I won $50 and said, "Oh, crap, I drew the 'you lose' card." I don't like playing for longer than half an hour, after that it's just not fun anymore.

4 comments:

Spark*Life said...

Seriously, go through your pictures and look at how many times Starbucks is featured in pic of the day. Honey, I think you're addicted. Sorry, but it had to be said.

sugarbumkin said...

Three. I just happen to drink a lot of coffee, and Starbucks are everywhere I go, and everywhere I go I take pictures. If I'm addicted, it's a happy addiction and I really don't care. Now where did I leave that needle?

Inky Neverwhere said...

They should be paying you for the advertising. There are lots of nice local coffee shops around here - we'll hit one of those soon.

sugarbumkin said...

I would like that very much. (the payment for advertising AND hitting a local coffee place) :-D