Monday, January 14, 2008

Happy Birthday!!!!!!


Happy birthday Leigha! The first birthday in the year for our family. When Leigha was born eight years ago in the small town we lived in, she was only the sixth baby of the new...well, millenium. I can't believe I have an eight year old! Her birthday consisted of a special visit from us to her school, bearing Ding Dongs, and then we took her out of school twenty minutes early so I could take her to Starbucks, just the two of us. We got home and I made her her favorite dinner (which was potato soup this year) and then I got her strawberry cake (her request) and we sang happy birthday. She opened her small mountain of presents and cards, recieving $11 in cash, $15 in gift card form, and several awesome gift items that she squealed about. Her favorites were The Daring Book for Girls (from Aunt Lynette, Leigha read the back aloud and said, "the no boys allowed guide to adventure....COOL!") and Hairspray (from us). All in all it was a pretty fantastic day for the gal, which is what we were going for.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

The cake looks yummy!!!!

notforthelifeofme said...

Phew! I've secured my awesome aunt position for at least the time being! :) Happy Birthday Leigha.