Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Shoulda, woulda...do what I wanna.


I've been taking it easy on the Roving Imp-ness lately. Partially because I've got a lot going on, and partially because I am beginning to see the first symptoms of "burnout," and I don't want to become sick of something I love so much, so the first course of action is to take a small step back and breathe. I left early from rehearsal tonight to get to music practice because Jarod's been needing my voice lately but I've been at rehearsal when they practice and I don't feel that's fair to the band. Last week Jarod asked me in advance if I wanted to sing and I leaped at the opportunity, then told him I'd take off early from improv rehearsal to practice with everyone. I'm so glad I did. I had a great "mini rehearsal" at the theater then came back to church and sang with the band. It was nice being able to just relax and sing, and I got to sing with Jenny, too, which I enjoy doing. This is Eric (guitar), Jarod (grey shirt, white sleeves), Jenny (chick), my Jason (holding bass) and Mike (back turned) in between songs when I went to get a quick drink. Eric was having a little trouble with the accoustic part so Jarod was helping him pick it out, Jason picking out a part on the bass, and Jenny and Mike having a conversation just for the heck of it.

No comments: