Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Significance


Today was one of those days where everything you do feels totally deep and significant. Jason and I started looking at houses. I am in love with one that we looked at, but there's no garage and no place to put one, which is a bit of a turnoff to Jason, obviously. We'll keep looking and see what we can find, but oh....that house! I made dinner and went to H7 rehearsal. We spent a little while talking about Heath Ledger, I can't believe he's dead. Weird. We had a great rehearsal, mostly just blowing off steam, literally. Joe had this idea to start it off like Fight Club and to start our scenes with something we were angry or frustrated with at that current moment, then use that energy to turn it into something positive to use in a scene. It turned out great and loosened us all up. Way to go, Joe! Bryan brought his accordian and did some mood music. I still can't believe I know someone who can play the accordian, that is so cool. After rehearsal we went to Starbucks. We have been on this kick for a little while now, where we do fake New Yorker cartoons, and it's hillarious. We started taking the cups and saying, "Okay...this one is....two polar bears on an iceburg eating whale blubber. One says..." and then we'd read off "The way I see it" on the back of the cup. It actually ended up being really really funny. After that Nifer, Joe, Bryan and I went to a bar and had a couple drinks together and talked. It was so cool. I feel like I'm part of a family with them sometimes. It's great to feel so included. Joe wants Jason to audition sometime because he thinks Jason is a cool guy, but Jason is like, "I would be horrible at improv, besides, it's your thing." I am so lucky to have a guy who understands this is something I need in my life. He's awesome.

No comments: