Monday, January 21, 2008

Suspending time, defying gravity

Our final day in Denver today. It flew by so quickly yet it feels like it's been longer than just a day and a half. Warping time and space is awesome. I should do it more often. We had a fantastic breakfast, made by Selena, and then Jason went to our friend Lee's house, while I went off with Sam for a couple hours, then we came back to Selena's and brought her Starbucks, because we're awesome people and she deserved some awesome coffee. This is Sam, Selena and I showing off our teeth. Don't we have awesome teeth? They're awesome. We hung out and talked for a few hours, then we had a terrific dinner...beenie weenies! Not your traditional slop on a cafeteria tray variety, however. This was actually quite delectable. I plan to make it for my family sometime. After dinner we packed up and went to the airport to head home. The flight was delayed and overbooked, but we made it on. Yay! I had a great trip and hope to go back soon to visit my incredible friends. I don't get out there NEARLY as much as I would love to.

Last night, about 10 minutes after my post Selena's dog threw up (no, seriously, this is important and hillarious) on the tile in the dining room, so she wiped it up with a rag. The laundry room is downstairs and they don't have a chute, so she opened the basement door and threw the rag down there....just as Jason stepped around the corner and received the vomit rag full in the face. There was cringing and laughing, but he didn't seem too horrified with the whole matter, just wiped his face off with a washcloth....until she said she had shaken the rag over the sink and not rinsed it out. "Wait, so....there WASN'T any water on the rag?" "No." (pause) "Yeah......I'm going to take a shower now." We were all laughing so hard. Poor Jason.

1 comment: