Sunday, November 23, 2008

Am I harring this correctly?

This afternoon was a special "we only have two weeks before the show and oh yeah, we should probably run through it once or twice" rehearsal for Sketchy Thoughts. It was pretty intense, we ran the whole show, some sketches several times over. This is a picture of Clay and Joe Henley. Clay is interviewing Joe for an accounting position but he keeps mixing "accountants" with "trout" in his mind. It's quite funny, even with the absurdly wacky premise. One of the sketches we ran over and over and over and over was one with me and Joe. I'm at my "husband's" funeral and at a couple points I become hysterical and Joe slaps me to snap me out of it. The stage hit is a fine art in and of itself, especially when you factor in exact comedic timing. He must have smacked me across the face about 30 times (Not once did it hurt, mind you) before we finally got everything exactly the way it needed to be. After a while we realized how odd the situation was. *SLAP!* Me: "Arrgh! No, that's not it!" Joe: "Yeah, I know. Wait, what if I hit you like this?" "Oh, yeah, and I could really lean into it, that would be great! Hit me!" Wow. I'm well adjusted, right? Right? Anyhow, yeah, by the time we were done everyone was pretty happy with the show. I'm really looking forward to performing this thing.

No comments: