Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Boxes, ribbons, and bows

Today I spent a good chunk of the afternoon wrapping Christmas presents. I only have a few more to get and I like to have the bulk of them wrapped pretty early so as to prevent "accidental" discoveries. The remaining few things will be wrapped as I acquire them. Tonight was the Thanksgiving dinner at church and there was a plethora of delicious delicacies from which to choose. (I decided to make the previous sentence slightly more cumbersome than it really had to be. Why not?) There had been a sign up sheet the week before, to designate who would bring what, but by the time it finally got around to me EVERYTHING had been signed up for, so I took one of the remaining slots not filled: Gravy. (Uh...oh boy?) I was thinking "gravy, gravy, gravy, gravy....." all day to myself, but, with the gift wrapping marathon, it was nearly time to go by the time I remembered to get to it. So I frantically threw some stuff in a pot, stirred it a few times, then accidentally overpeppered it. I was certain it was going to be a complete disaster but it came out pretty delectable (ever notice how a lot of words for "yummy food" start with the prefix "del?" Dang I'm feeling literary tonight.) and I got several complements. Seriously. For gravy! (Oh boy!) There's a reason I'm fat, y'all. I'm a good freakin' cook.

No comments: