Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Elipses...

Today I took the girls to Joanne's to get some green felt. I have two elf costumes to make! (Leigha did get a singing part, by the way) While we were out I thought I'd look for a sweater to go with a skirt I made. I want to wear the skirt to a couple post Thanksgiving parties we've been invited to and I wanted a basic cream colored v-neck sweater to go with it. Apparently that's a difficult item to find, short of dropping a load of money at J Crew or whatever. I went to Old Navy, Kohls, and then Target. Frustrated, I took the girls home, put Bri down for her nap and had some coffee. While she was asleep I looked at the JC Penney's website (I was determined. All the shops are going to be closed tomorrow, after all, and I want to wear this stuff Friday.) and found one that looked about right. Success! So after Bri woke up we went and I ended up snagging a cream colored sweater. About time! It's so hard to find basic stuff when you're looking with a specific style in mind. (Am I right, ladies? And what's the deal with airline peanuts?) Tonight Jason met his mom halfway between our houses to drop off the girls. Tim is going to be at her place and he wanted to see the girls and she's off the rest of the week, so they offered to take the kids off our hands. We think it's a great plan and since we'll be going down there Sunday it works out well for all of us. I went to rehearsal while he met up with her, and after he was done he came to the theater for the "post show we usually play games right now but tonight we're talking" gathering. It was really great having him there with us. I love hanging out with my friends but it was so much better being able to have Jason there as well. He enjoyed himself as well.

No comments: