Sunday, November 16, 2008

The chicken or the egg?

This morning, for whatever reason, I woke up CONVINCED that there was a potluck at our church. I had Jason check the calendar and text Jarod, but he hadn't replied by the time we had to leave...until we were walking out the door. There was no potluck this afternoon. So I scrambled to throw potatoes, carrots, and a chicken into a roaster and throw it in the oven as we were leaving. We started practicing and I told Jarod about how for whatever reason I was CERTAIN there was a potluck and he said, "Oh, yeah. Origionally we were supposed to have one, but with Thanksgiving dinner on Wednesday we're not doing one today." Aaaaaah. That explains that. Jason and I had a lovely afternoon together. He decided to mow the lawn one last time and rake the leaves. We have a ton of big old oak trees in the neighborhood, and when the wind blows they just don't seem to care if they're in the yard their leaves settle on. I don't mind, trees are super sweet. It sure looked funny to have a leafy yard on either side of our now spotless yard. The best part is, because Jason mowed it was a crisp line, too. So it looked like some freaky force field. This evening I went to a Sketchy Thoughts script reading, but when I got to the theater there was another group rehearsing there. Apparently the owners of the Westport Coffeehouse had accidentally double booked it. The other group is doing a live staged version of "Raising Arizona" and their performance is tomorrow, so we got booted out, understandibly. We decided to walk across the street and see if we could snag a private room at McCoy's in which to rehearse. I've really only been in the front part of McCoys, so imagine my surprise when we walked around the back (called, "The Foundary") and up a set of stairs into what was, essentially, a 1970's living room, complete with bean bags and a pac man table. Nice! I immediately flopped down on a bean bag with gusto. I came home earlier than usual to spend a little time with Jason before he left to get some overtime hours. One nice thing about his "four ten hour days, three weekend days" schedule is that if he signs up for overtime on the weekend he still has two days to recover. I'm really looking forward to spending that time with him, too.

No comments: