Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thank you for reading between the lines.

I had a rough morning today. I got some unpleasant news just as I was really beginning my day and it pretty much tainted the rest of the day for me. Jason is awesome, though, and asked what I wanted to do to kind of shake it off. I asked him to take me to the Nelson Atkins museum of art. We went, and it was great, just, you know, CLOSED on Tuesdays. Dangnabbit. So we walked through the garden and teased the modern art sculptures, which is always fun. They're handy for relieving stress. Since we were right there we also hit the Plaza, which I just love. Brianna had to use the bathroom while we were in Pottery Barn so we went to the Gap, which is just two doors down and I know where the bathroom is in the building. As we were walking through I decided to check out the women's jeans since I just ruined my favorite pair (fyi-don't accidentally kneel on paint can lids. I'm just sayin'.) I've been wanting a pair that were medium blue with wide cuffs. As we were walking out...there they were. Beautiful, shiny, half off, and, oh yeah, MY SIZE! I grabbed them and started toward a fitting room. Jason looked at me like, "?" and I said, "Don't stop me, this could be denim destiny!" I went to the fitting room and tried them on. Ladies, you all know what it's like to find THE jeans. Comfy, not too tight, make you look skinny, and no muffin top whatsoever. Oh yeah, these were THE jeans all right. (half off, HALF OFF!) So we got them, putting a sizeable dent into the gloom clouding my day. (That's right, y'all. You can take my happy for a little while but I got some awesome jeans today, so there! In your face!) This evening Jason took the girls to their rehearsal while I went to mine. It was fun and we worked on some good stuff. As we were walking out I started talking with Jen about my frustrations and she suggested we get some coffee and talk about it, so I let Jason know and off we went. It was so, so good to talk with her about stuff. She is such a great friend and I really, really needed someone to talk to. Thanks for listening, Jen, you helped more than you know. I feel so lucky to have such great people in my life.

5 comments:

TBinKC said...

Jean. Jen. One letter apart. Coincidence? I think not. Glad your day got better...hope you're doing OK.

alanna said...

Yay for jeans!! Too bad the museum was closed :oP. I must say though, I've always loved the giant birdie xoD. You know, I bet giant sculptures would be a good...object to vent to. It's amazing how much just talking out something helps. Love you!! Hope you guys have a safe, tummy-filling, Christ-filled Thanksgiving ;o)!

sugarbumkin said...

Hee hee, nice comparison, Keith. Thanks, guys. I really appreciate the happy thoughts. Yes, I am doing okay, it was just a little upset.

Alanna, we are going to the Stude's for Thanksgiving, so the Thanksgiving wishes you've directed my way are sure to come true. Thanks! :-)

improvclown said...

I can't take credit for someone else. Trish is the one who posted above, although I am an improv geek, I did not write that comment. However, I am sorry you had a rough day and I am glad it got better.

sugarbumkin said...

Aaaaahhh! Crappy crap, I'm so so sorry, Keith and Trish! You know what it is? Your blogs are right next to each other in my blog bookmark folder and for some reason, in my head, they tend to merge.

Nice comparison, TRISH, and thanks for the good wishes, KEITH.