Sunday, November 30, 2008

Reassembly: Complete!

This morning Jason and I left the house at 6am and braved the semi-intense snowfall to get to his mom's house for our family Thanksgiving celebration. The girls (as you should know) have been there since Wednesday so it was great to see them again. I don't know if they were quite as happy as we were, since Grandma has like, 12 horses, but they seemed at least a tiny bit glad to see us again. Sheila and I went to Wal-Mart to get some last minute things and on the way down I saw a McCain/Palin poster, only someone had cut out the McCain part of it. That was pretty much super amusing. We got home, finished the meal, and we all sat down to the table to enjoy a nice, albeit belated, Thanksgiving meal. After dinner we decorated the tree and Brianna got bored about 10 minutes in. Great......we haven't got our tree up yet, what's she gonna do then? This is us in front of the tree just after it was decorated. If you look just to the right of the tree you'll see an oil painting portrait of a young girl holding a cat. That's Sheila when she was nine years old. The ones above the fireplace are Paul and Rita, her older siblings. There are also portraits of Paul Sr. and Betty, Jason's maternal grandparents. I think it's really neat that they had portraits done, especially since there's another of Sheila from when she's about 18 as well. She's standing in front of a horse, it's beautiful. About three thirty we left. The snow was starting to come down pretty hard and we wanted to get home before the roads iced over. When we got to Kansas City it slowed then stopped, yay! Safe driving is happy driving. I had Jason drop me off at the Westport Coffeehouse and I caught most of the Sketchy Thoughts rehearsal for the evening. We ran through the show twice, which is great since the show is next week. It's going to be an absolute blast, I'm really excited. When I got home I Dream of Jeannie was just about to come on, so Jason and I curled up comfortably on the couch to watch. Home sweet home, and everyone in the family back under one roof. *contented sigh*

5 comments:

Jen said...

Glad everyone is back home. That is a nice picture!

sugarbumkin said...

Thanks! Gotta love Brianna the cheeseball.

alanna said...

So, will that be the Christmas card pic? I like it! ;o)

sugarbumkin said...

I'm thinking about it...it's a great picture and for whatever reason I look pretty skinny (whatever trick did that, I like it.)

Michelle Lee said...

oh yeah, speaking of christmas cards... i need your new address... i think you gave it to me... but i'm not sure where it might have gone. email me... afterforever929@gmail.com... OR myspace it, whatev.. heh.