Friday, November 21, 2008

Sensitivity FAIL!

Yesterday at the sale I found a bunch of old patterns, mostly children's styles. They were like a quarter each so I grabbed a bunch that I liked and got them. I was going through them to see what I had, and to my shock (and supreme amusement) I saw this one. Did you miss it? Read what the top of the pattern says. That's right, "Adaptable for chubbies." I can just imagine what the modern shopper would say if she came across this in the Simplicity catalogue today. "How dare they, she's big boned (etc.)" I just can't believe that at one time it was perfectly acceptable to mass produce something so brutally honest. Take that, PC age. (not the computers, you Mac users, get over yourselves. Elitist snobs.) Jason did a couple hours of overtime today and we didn't get around to having dinner until nearly 7:30, which made the entire evening feel odd and abbreviated. Interesting how just an hour and a half can throw every other thing off like that. On the bright side, I finished the dress I've been working on and it came out pretty darned cute! I can't wait to premier it. (shaddup, I can call it what I want.)

3 comments:

Jen said...

"Adaptable for chubbies." HAHAHAHAHAH! That's awesome! :)

Unknown said...

Umm I'm working very hard on not being offended by the Mac comment. I'm not sure why it seems to be your goal to offend me. First the Kia and now my precious Mac. I may just have to take a break from your blog for a while to allow my sensitive ego a little time for healing. (insert sarcastic tone through out)

sugarbumkin said...

Ha ha! I didn't insult the Mac, I said "Mac users." Overall very elitist about their computers. "Mac is superior to PC in each and every way. See the motherboard? Superior. The user database? Superior. The desktop wallpaper with the picture of my kitten? 2,000% more cuddlier than yours." (ironically, as I typed that my cuddly kitten was batting at the inferior speakers that came with my PC)

If you think I'm picking on you via my blog, well, I'm not. I'm the star of my blog, it's about me, and I pick on myself more than anything or anyone else. :-B