Sunday, March 30, 2008

The East coast post

This post was supposed to be happening in Central Daylight Savings Time. It is not. It is happening in Eastern Daylight Savings time, for I am still in DC. This morning we got up and went to a church that George Washington helped build. Awesome! However, it is an Episcopal Church and that's the "Stand up, sit down, fight fight fight!" kind of service with all manner of rote prayer and recitations. Not my kind of thing. Oh, and the communion wine was actually wine...Totally thought it was going to be grape juice. Nearly coughed on it. It was strong stuff, too, holy crap! Anyhow, it was a really cool colonial building with the "cubicle" style of pews and the raised pulpit for the preacher, so it shocked me when a woman got up and started speaking amidst such formality and traditionalism. Way to go, progression! We (Uncle David, Aunt Wanda, Marissa, Daniel, and Jason, the girls and I) all had lunch then went to the Air and Space Museum out by Dulles airport. I totally saw the Concorde...Wicked! Oh and the space shuttle Enterprise....er, the real one, not from Star Trek. Then it was time to head to the airport. A couple airlines cancelled a bunch of flights and sent a lot of people to our flight, so we only got two seats. I sent Jason home with Leigha since she has school tomorrow and Jason's mom is coming out to see our house. I hope to be home tomorrow morning...we'll see. I'll defenetely be home tomorrow though. I called Uncle David and said I was taking the metro toward them (they knew it was a good possibility we'd be bumped) and I headed back to the house. Brianna fell asleep while riding back, poor thing. We spent a nice evening here at the house watching The Sound of Music. If I gotta be bumped, this is the place to be.

No comments: