Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I'm a giraffe, raawr!!!

My parents went home this afternoon. This time they made it on both flights, huzzah! Before they left we buzzed downtown for a bit and I got to take them to Westport Coffeehouse. My dad saw the poster for Improv Thunderdome and laughed. It's weird to think that it's still not over yet (finals are next month) because I already played my own little part to it's conclusion. My mom had her lotion confiscated at security. Apparently it was "too large" even though she flew to San Diego, back, and then out here with it. She thinks it's because she cracked a joke. "The lady told me to put my suitcase on the conveyor belt and it got stuck so I said, 'Easier said than done.'" Everyone knows it's a matter of national security to never, ever have a sense of humor about anything and to take trivial matters, such as luggage to x-ray machine ratio, as seriously as is humanly possible. Don't you dare smile or the terrorists win!

No comments: