Saturday, March 22, 2008

Kansas: the "We're sorry" state.

My parents came in today from Nevada. They were SUPPOSED to be here at 1:00....unfortunately that didn't happen. The flight they were booked on from Denver was very full to the point of oversold, and they got bumped. How much do my parents love me? So much that my mom just corrected me and said, "Uh...how much do my parents love their GRANDCHILDREN?" (someone's getting a sock puppet for Christmas) So much that they actually rented a car and drove across Kansas in the middle of the day (as in they could SEE it) just to be here tonight. How awesome is that? They arrived a little after 10pm to the thundering of little feet on the stairs as the girls rushed down to meet them. Talk about your warm welcomes. Lots of other stuff happened today. Fill in your own blanks.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad they finally made it! Sorry it was such an unintentional adventure.

sugarbumkin said...

They had a good sense of humor about it (I got it from somewhere, hee hee) and now that they've seen Western Kansas for the first time, they never have to suffer through it again just to say they have. :-D