Saturday, March 29, 2008

Rocket powered grenade launcher

Today we explored the Smithsonian museums of national history and air and space. Wicked cool. There were a toooooooon of people out and about today and we couldn't figure out why...until we realized that the cherry blossom festival started today. Aunt Wanda said, "Oh...I thought it was in April." Oh well. At least now we can say we've been here for it, that's cool. Maybe we'll get to see them tomorrow. The National Mall was just teeming with life today. It was so cool. It was a gorgeous day and slightly windy, so everyone had kites out, and you could see them framed by the Washington Monument on one side and the capitol building on the other. I got a few shots of those, but this picture was a great snapshot of today overall I think. This is my cousins Daniel, Marissa, and of course Jason. We're walking down G street after taking in an awesome show at the Washington Improv Theater (WIT for short). It was fantastic! We saw two groups, Jinx and Onesixtyone. Jinx did a freeform longform thing, and they were pretty all right, but Onesixtyone was AMAZING!!!! They did a ninety minute movie in thirty minutes. They did a TON of "scene painting" which was just incredible. They'd set up a shot then say which angle the camera was shooting from and the performers would immediately scramble into the correct places. There was one scene in which a guy was "hit by a car" and he flew through the air in slow motion. I'm not kidding. The rest of the improvisers scrambled toward him, picked him up by his side, and literally flew him threw the air, turning him so that it looked like he was bouncing around and such. It was incredible. Oh, and one guy played a garage door that was halfway open. Awesome. After the show we took the metro back toward my aunt and uncle's house and had dinner at the TGI Friday's near there. (not my choice, Daniel's knee was hurting and he didn't want to walk far so we had to get back to the 'burbs and grab the car) We had a great time eating, drinking and laughing. I love my family, we're good people.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I have a new blog. Its http://duckykong.livejournal.com/

I am tired of dealing with blogger!

Anonymous said...

oh by the way, this is Jenny. Oops

The Jamesons said...

So... I am so very jealous of you right now! DC in Spring is my very favorite thing. Please tell me you took the time to walk along the Potomac with the cherry blossoms. There's really nothing like it, especially when the wind blows and it "snows" pink.

sugarbumkin said...

Ooh.......I'm afraid we didn't get down there this time! Someday we'll come back and do that, I swear.