Sunday, March 2, 2008

The reason for the suck-storm


Do I look different to you? Well I should, because I am now twenty-six. (Well, that and the surgery to have a frog surgically implanted where my legs once were. That's why you haven't seen any pictures of me recently, those stitches were just not pretty. Oh, and then I had an infection at the incision site and had to get some topical cream...but I digress...) That's right, today is my birthday. Now don't you feel just horrible for not sending me a gift card? For shame. Today we drove down to my mother in law's so Leigha could brush up on her horse riding skillz before the big horse show this weekend. We brought her riding instructor with us, because he's a cool guy and he was our friend before he was her instructor. On the way down my car decided that, between the house we live in having a broken sump pump, the house we want to move into having broken pipes, and Jason's car having been broken by another car yesterday, it just wasn't getting enough attention. So it decided, "What the hey, I'll break too." We got stranded for about an hour in Harrisonville, MO while the guys looked at the car. After determining nothing major was wrong, they discovered a tiny wire that was disconnecting...they literally duct taped it back in place and the car purred like a kitten. Cheap car=cheap fix. Nice. We continued our journey South, Leigha had a great riding session and Brianna got to trot for the very first time. She giggled like a maniac. We all had dinner together to celebrate my birthday then we started driving home. All was well until we hit the outskirts of Kansas City and then it started POURING rain. This wouldn't be so bad if my car didn't also have crappy windshield wipers that smack the driver's side window when they wipe. Cheap car=crappy windshield wipers. Not so nice. Oh well, we'll get them fixed....eventually. When I finally reached cell phone reception again I had four messages, all of the "Happy birthday" variety. What a nice way to come home.

4 comments:

sugarbumkin said...

Thank you!!!

Spark*Life said...

You are soooo right! I DO love it!!! (and you ;) )

Lynette said...

Sorry it's late--Happy Birthday! I haven't found the perfect gift, so it'll come when I can do that. Also the internet has been annoyingly out of commission at my place since Sunday--ugh!

The Jamesons said...

So, Jess... I promise that I did not forget that you have a birthday. Just the card that I bought for you in January (no kidding) did not get sent out on time. So, happy birthday, and enjoy being 26. Oh, to be so young again (sigh)!