Friday, June 6, 2008

3.14159265

All week long the kids have been having a contest with offering money for missions to see which of our pastors (minister or youth) would get a pie in the face. It ended up being a tie and with dual whipped cream splattery goodness, VBS was over. This is Jared (no pi shirt) and Jarod (VBS shirt) smiling over the fact that they literally got creamed. I'm so so glad it's over. It's fun, but I'm ready to sleep in and not paint with 100 kids every day. The girls had an absolute blast and have been playing with their crafts all day long. Jason called me this afternoon to let me know that a guy at the airport would be able to help fix my air conditioning for free so I started driving up there, intending to meet him around 4:30 or so. I got almost all the way there when I noticed all the cars on 435 were stopped, which is unusual. I parked my car and turned it off after a while. We sat and sat for what felt like FOREVER and finally began creeping forward at 2 miles per hour (I checked) and passed intertwining skid marks and a bashed and crumpled van. I hope everyone who was in it is okay, but it just figures I had to sit out there for half an hour in the June sun just minutes before I had working air conditioning. Nice. I got to the airport and we fixed the AC, Jason and I had dinner with the girls, I grabbed some gas and headed to the Roving Imp for Hype 7's tech rehearsal for our show tomorrow night. Due to various reasons only three of us plus Jen managed to make it, so mostly Zak watched Nifer and I do Fluffer Nutter stuff and we played a couple games just the three of us. It was a very low key, fun rehearsal. I'm really looking forward to the show tomorrow night and I'm getting super excited for Fluffer Nutter's debut, I can't wait to see how an audience will amp up our performance level!

No comments: