Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Cheep-just another catchphrase

You may remember me writing a while back about the "interview pidgeon" of Hype 7 folklore. Meet the baby interview pidgeon! For reasons unknown the origional pidgeon was moved to a different part of the room and the baby was in his nook. Talk about usurption, in your FACE interview pidgeon! Day 2 of VBS went pretty well, we did our flip flop craft which was the big one everyone was dreading putting together. It actually wasn't bad, and it was nice to get the "ugh" factor over with early in the week. I had a massive headache as we were leaving and ended up taking a nap in the middle of the living room floor (?!) while Bri was down for a nap and Leigha was playing at a friend's house. Driving to rehearsal tonight was a really scary ordeal as there was a MASSIVE storm following me down the highway. I arrived early to have coffee with Tiffany and we huddled at Latte Land watching the fat raindrops erode the sidewalk one atom at a time. At one point it began to hail and we saw some shiny thin girls run down the sidewalk with itty bitty shopping bags jammed on their heads to try and protect their hair. It was a pretty funny sight, actually, but I did feel bad for them. The hail was sting-y. During rehearsal Fluffer Nutter got the chance to rehearse in front of the group for the first time. We got a lot of laughs (yes!!!) but we ran a little short of our allotted time. Hopefully we'll be able to fluff (ha!) it up for the show this Saturday. I can't wait! Rehearsal was all around good, we were all wet with rain and in a serious state of heightened crazy, even more so than last week. It was so much fun! The drive home was accompanied by a lightning show that I saw reflected off the glass surfaces of the downtown buildings, then as I turned onto the highway it was all around me. *Whew!* I also saw the huge fire that resulted from a lightning strike to a gas tank near downtown. It was really really big, like, we're talking at least 20-40 feet in the air. Wow. I hope nobody was hurt as a result.

No comments: