Saturday, June 21, 2008

MST3K-prov

When I was in high school I was absolutely IN LOVE with a TV show called Mystery Science Theater 3000. I see a few of you out there nodding your heads in recollection and understanding. For those of you who don't know, it's a show where a guy and three robots sit in a theater and make fun of really really bad scifi movies. It's hillarious and so cool. *takes out her retainer* Tonight we did it at the Imp! I wasn't there for rehearsal Thursday (obviously) so I couldn't participate in the movie-prov, but I did get to perform in the 7pm show. It was a great show, too. One of my favorite scenes from that show involved me and Nifer sitting on an island in the lion cage at a zoo. (the penguin habitat had melted, duh) We were the last two people on earth and we had a sophisticated government system, complete with a congress, constitution, and ammendments, for our tiny island. At one point we were discussing one of the "laws" on the island that was really unfortunate for Nifer and I said, "Yeah, well I voted for it and you kind of half voted for it, so that's 3/4 majority rule so I won!" Hee hee! There was also a fun scene with Salvatore and Julie. They were Frenchmen, complete with handlebar mustaches, baguettes in their pockets, and riding unicycles. It was fantastic. That is what French people do, you know. Anyhow, after that was the movie prov. The movie was "Teenagers from Outer Space" and it was pretty much legendarilly bad. We had much fun destroying it. The monster in the film was quite literally a lobster silhouette superimposed so it looked as though it was giant. It wasn't even disguised or anything, it was quite simply a lobster! Oh, and I think it's great how it says 'Pause' right over John's head in this picture. Makes it looks like he is paused.

No comments: