Sunday, June 8, 2008

Rule 98

Took my very first improv workshop today (yesss!) To raise money for the KC improv festival the community is running a series of workshops. Todays was Ed and Jared's "Becoming comfortable with longform." It was really really helpful. Like, seriously beyond helpful. They seemed to have the same basic philosiphies as the Annoyance theater in Chicago, which is my favorite of all the improv books I've read (3) so far. We did some neat excercises and talked about each one after it was done, then they gave each of us super personal notes. My apologies for the darkness of this picture, the flash bounced off Jen's tattoo (sweet, huh?) and my batteries were too low to snap another. Jason and the girls went to the Y while I was there and they swung by and stalked me after it was over. Simultaneously sweet and creepy, Jason totally gets me. ;-) I'm coming down with the icky sickies again. Sore throat and uber tired. Hopefully it passes quickly.

No comments: