Friday, June 13, 2008

Paraskevidekatriaphobia

Ran an awful lot of errands today, spent too much money. Yay. Came home and spent a lot of time cleaning for a makeup party that exactly one person showed up to. I'm going to go ahead and use that as an excuse to not feel obligated to reciporocate when invited to other's shindigs. Yay liberation! My aunt Laurie is an amazing gal. We have a running joke on the Smith side of the family that has to do with ants. Started with plastic ants in people's stuff at family reunions then escalated. Anyhow, aunt Laurie is amazing at finding unique ant stuff, and she always gets it and sends it out. We got a package in the mail from her that contained a housewarming gift for me and Jason (aw!) and a little gift for each of the girls. Bri was taking a nap so I gave Leigha her gift. She opened the tissue paper and it turned out to be a "marshmallow ant colony." Nice. Leigha was a little dissapointed when she realized they didn't do anything, (the box said, "Watch their ant-ics.") but consoled herself with the understanding that she could still enjoy eating them. For more information on what the subject line means, see Wikipedia.

3 comments:

Nifer said...

One person?! You're bringing out the middle child in me. I mean, my God...I didn't even end up vomiting. I totally could have been there.

Inky Neverwhere said...

If I had not taken that unplanned three-hour nap, I would have been there. I have a sourdough starter to bring you to make it up... as soon as I put it in a jar, and get Hans to tell me what to write down for directions. He's the chef in the family. The girls are adorable in their new short haircuts, but when are they not adorable?

sugarbumkin said...

Don't feel bad at all, either of you. At least both of you acknowledged that I had a party and had every intention of coming. Seriously. It's the people who I see on a regular basis and go to their in home consultant parties that I'm pissed at. *hugs*