Thursday, June 5, 2008

Cross your heart

4/5 of the way through VBS, one more day, one more! Today we broke out the paint for the older kids (oy vey....ever let 100 kids paint? It's a gruesome sight to behold.) and the younger kids got to color with markers. Here's Brianna and her fierce intensity at getting the marker JUST so in the little squares on her cross thingy. Note the unibrow of concentration. It flew by pretty quickly and I took the girls out to the car to drive back to the house. I had just pulled out onto the main road when Leigha shrieked, "Ah! A big scary bug in the car!" I looked over my shoulder and a wasp was lazilly floating his way through the backseat. Eep! I told Bri to stay very still and had Leigha crouch down on the seat then opened the windows. It's not very far to our house so I opted to drive straight through instead of pulling over (no shoulder). We got home and I slowly got the girls out and told them to go up to the front door. Leaving the windows open I grabbed Leigha's VBS shirt and beat the tar out of him. That'll teach you to bring a stinger in my car, pal. This afternoon I settled in for my usual "Bri's taking a nap, it's coffee time" routine, and Leigha surprised me by asking for a cup. I poured a third of a cup, filled the rest with milk and added some sugar. She loved it. Sweet, I have a coffee drinker! Went to Home Depot this evening. Not interesting blog material, but there it is. It was nice to have an evening free in such a busy week.

No comments: