Monday, June 16, 2008

Why I hate noodles

First full day! We started out by playing a fabulous game in which we blindfolded the campers then sent them out on the basketball court. The object of the game was to find and pick up one of the various pool noodles lying about and attempt to whack the other blindfolded campers with them. If you were hit you were out. The last group to have people still playing won. Yeah, my group totally won. We then played a round of staff v. staff. I did pretty alright. Much fun. The big activity for the day was an outing to the local pool. It's actually a really great pool, it's zero entry (it has a concrete beach) and has a kiddie slide shaped like a frog and a huge waterslide. I got Leigha to go down for the first time ever. She was freaked out but I wouldn't let her chicken out (like every other time she's been to a pool with a slide, I think this was the fourth time or so) and finally she went down. Before she even rounded the curve she was grinning bigtime. She was still making her way out of the sectioned off area where you leave the slide when she yelled out, "I wanna go again!!!" Sweet. Shannon and I went to Wal Mart for a bit to get some stuff. Seriously, smallest Super Wal Mart. Ever. This evening we watched a movie after campfire then sent the kids off to bed and the staff got a special treat-pizza! There's nothing like clandestine pizza at church camp.

No comments: