Monday, June 9, 2008

The play's the thing

Leigha loves to put on plays for us. This afternoon she had Brianna come out and hand us each a ticket to the show. (Dave and Buster's tickets. Nice.) We walked in her room and found this sign (note that it includes credits and she hung it on the light switch since we didn't allow her to tack it to the wall) along with some semi-elaborate cardboard sets. Brianna absolutely refused to do her part, which was hillarious. Leigha kept saying, "Bri, get in the bus. Bri, say your line...etc." and all Bri did was hand us lots and lots of tickets as we stood there laughing. This morning Jason and I went to the airport to see Tiffany off. We hung out with her and her parents and said goodbyes and there were more hugs and tears. She looked so small as she walked down the jetway, which is strange because she is like 5' 9" or something like that. I know she'll be just fine, but wow. Germany for a whole year. Wow. We've been tracking her flight and right now she just passed over Nova Scotia and is over the Atlantic Ocean. I hope she's sleeping. Have an amazing time, Tiffany, this is your moment, seize it! I am feeling better today than I was yesterday, so I hope this is just a fly by night virus or something. I managed to sneak in a nap before meeting Elsbeth for coffee after dinner. It was great seeing her, I haven't seen her in a while. We talked about this and that and she gave me helpful advice about my plans to get me some learnin' of a higher education nature next year. (that's right, I haven't done college yet. Sue me.) I'm looking forward to it, but I'm also scared that I'm not as good as I think I am. *shrug* Guess we'll see, won't we?

1 comment:

Spark*Life said...

Grüß aus Deutschland. Ich liebe dich! Ich kann kaum warten für du mich besuchen.
Grammer's off, but the jist is there. :)