Monday, June 30, 2008

Uff Da! Yeah, sure, you betcha!

Woke up nice and rested this morning. Awesome. I really needed that....for my first trip to IKEA! Holy cow........just........wow. It was like a giant toy store designed with me in mind. Cute, functional, and cheap cheap cheap furniture! We had breakfast in the cafe, super yummy and 99 cents for eggs, taters, and bacon. After that we got lost in the maze of the showrooms for about three hours (during which time I was pleased to hear an "Oh, for fun!" which is a variation on a common Minnesotan phrase. Gratifying, as I didn't hear any other accents while there.) emerging victorious with a message board/organizer, candle, oven mitt, curtains for the bedroom, curtain rod for the curtains, two wall sconces for the living room, a cheese grater, and a twin sized bed for Leigha, all for under $150. This is Jason and the girls walking toward me in the warehouse where you pick up your furniture. Notice how flat all the furniture is for easy loading. Isn't that incredible? Go Swedes! We loaded up the car and I sat back in the front seat, all my shopping glands thoroughly sated. Oh yeah. That's nice. After a long, yet uneventful drive we arrived in Kansas City. Yay! It's very, very good to be home.

2 comments:

Lynette said...

Leigha doesn't seem to be having the same fun as Bri (who looks a little overexcited and very grown up for some reason).

Inky Neverwhere said...

Holy cow, all that for under $150? I need a road trip...