Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Flutterbye!

After two blessedly uneventful flights we arrived home today about 2:30, this time with all four family members. Yay! It's been nice having the girls go to my mom's but it's even nicer having them back. We walked in the door and I couldn't wait to see Bri's reaction to her room, so I told her to put her toy dog away and she said, "Yeah. I should really put him down for a nap." (you can see the dog tucked in in the bed next to her arm there if you look) She walked in the room, me following closely behind with the camera, put her toy in her bed, kissed it, the octopus, and her baby doll, and started to waltz out of the room. I said, "Brianna, look up!" She FINALLY looked at the wall and a huge grin, complete with dimple, spread across her face. I said, "What do you think?" "Good." She replied, and left the room. Snot nosed punk! :-) There was an earthquake today in the LA area, a 5.8 (moderate, kinda strong) just after I found out about it, my mom called and said, "Your sister is okay." Lynette is traveling the East coast at the moment, and Janina lives in Orange County (obviously) so I said, "Wait, which one? What?" She meant Janina. Apparently she was home alone at the time and felt it pretty bad. She stood in a doorway like you're supposed to do, and she said it shook for like 30 seconds, which is really pretty long, and it knocked some stuff off the walls of the apartment, but she is okay. My grandparents didn't feel a thing. This evening Hype 7 had a guest coach in for rehearsal. His name is Tom Farnan and he used to live in Kansas City, but he moved to Chicago, then Vegas and now resides in LA, chasing the dream. He was a phenomenal coach and had a lot of great things to say. We had a lot of fun and I feel we did some great work. I felt a little bad for Cerrome, though, he's only been doing improv for two weeks and we were throwing around buzzwords like: Harold, la ronde, heightening, and so on and so forth. Poor guy has barely heard the term longform! Tom did an excellent job of filling in the blanks for him, though, and Cerrome catches on so very quickly. We all went out after for drinks and talked about stuff. I mentioned the intensive I'm going to be taking and he got really excited for me and told me a little about what to expect and that it's totally going to change how I look at improv. I'm excited for that, I need a kick in the seat like that right now. Jason went over to Jen and Hans' place tonight while we were rehearsing. He and Hans are going to be building a robot. This should be interesting.

2 comments:

Inky Neverwhere said...

Pretties! I couldn't see the dog, so I clicked the picture to open it... and saw that Bri's shirt says "Clothes Horse"! Perfect!

Hans said...

Well done with the butterflies! I think last night helped Jason get an idea of what I started, and had good idea for many of the mechanical things I was having issues with.
And of course Leigha and Brianna enjoyed watching "The Dark Crystal", we'll have to let you borrow that sometime.

Hans