Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Make it cute, this one's for the blog!

These two gals are so cool and stylish, I don't know why they'd want to hang out with me all day, but they did! Jen had to take her car in for a tune up (that took FOREVER) and I needed more paint but had already bought up all the Delta Ceramicoat in dark forest green that my closest Michaels had to offer, so I decided to go to Lawrence to get it, and conveniently hang out with Jen at the same time. We had a great time shopping, eating lunch, talking of life, love, and improv, and drinking coffee. On the way home I was very nearly creamed by a guy (dude, you may have an SUV, but it's a KIA. Quit thinking you're hot stuff 'cause you totally negated it yourself.) when he randomly decided to cut me off, no blinker. I honked as I was slamming on the brakes, and I saw him casually glance in the rearview mirror and flip me off out the window. It made me reminisce about driving in Denver and I figure he must have been a transplant from there because it's typically just NOT DONE out here. I had the pleasure of passing him and making him eat my DODGE* dust. V6 baby, don't question it. (unless you have a V8. *shrug*) I painted furiously this afternoon and didn't realize the time until Jason texted me on his way home, whereupon I immediately switched gears and cooked dinner furiously. We ate and went to music practice. We're not going to be around Sunday, so I got to run the soundboard, which always makes me feel cooler than I am. By the way, Jason glued the neck of the mandolin back together and is now glueing (?) the neck to the body. Yay! I shall have a new task before me shortly. Can't wait. Aaaaand now I have to paint furiously again, the deadline for surprising Leigha with a fully completed wall mural is looming over my head.

*not that Dodge is all that spectacular but......dude, it's not a Kia.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ummm...Currently an owner of a Kick rear Kia Sodona minivan. It starts, has rear air, cruise control, and did I mention it starts! Oh and with out over heating. I think Kia rocks. Or maybe dependable cars rock and mine just happens to be a Kia.

sugarbumkin said...

Perhaps I mentioned that to get you out of comment hiding...did you think about that? 0_o

Okay, so no I didn't. However-Kia is generally known as an unreliable cheaply made car. I myself looked at one since I happened to like the look of one of them. Jason looked at the mechanics of them and said, "Oooh....yeah, we're never getting a Kia." I realize you had a lemon before, and from what I hear, the Sedona is an alright model. However, overall, the brand is...well, the K-mart of cars. Sorry you had to hear it from me, please enjoy the cookies and lemonade in the lobby. They are hypothetical and therefore contain zero Weight Watchers points.