Monday, July 14, 2008

Turn it up to 11!

We went to the Musician's Friend wearhouse today with our friend Jarod. It's awesome. They have bashed in guitars and instruments that look like they've been runover with a truck, and some that just don't work our sound off, for super cheap. Not to mention catalogue returns and such. If you're handy with glue and a screwdriver or just indiscriminate, you can pick up some wickedly cheap deals. Jason had a $15 credit with them and needed some strings, and Jarod needed a few items as well, so we all went together to save gas. The guitar Bri is holding in this picture was absolutely adorable, it had mother of pearl daisy inserts on the fretboard. I have no idea what Jason was looking at...probably the guitar wall that was behind me as I snapped the picture. In the course of browsing the merchandise Jarod discovered a poor little mandolin that's neck had snapped off. It's price? $6. Yup. I had to. Oh, and no, I don't know how to play. But I will either learn or (if it just can't be fixed) it will be a super cute decor object. I hope I get to learn to play it, I think it would be so cool to know how to play mandolin. We made our purchases and drove back. Jason and I grabbed a few things from Home Depot and came home to eat dinner, put Bri to bed, then do some more painting. The second coat on the kitchen is up and I'm a little more than halfway done with the wall mural in Leigha's room. I can't wait to see what it will look like when it's done!

No comments: