Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Luns

IKEA assembly directions are really beginning to amuse me. All the pieces we bought that need to be put together come with a booklet with little or no words, and the first thing you see is this weird happy blob guy trying to figure out what the crap he's doing. If you click on the picture and look down in the corner, you can see him, although it's a significantly smaller amount than what was in the bed assembly booklet. At any rate, that is my "Luns" message board. In case you're wondering, it was like $14 and it's one of the shippable things, I believe. It comes with weird Swedish chalk, too, just in case you were on the fence. We gave Spartacus his first bath today. He totally hated it. The girls absolutely will not let him down, Leigha wraps him in a blanket and carries him like a baby. I texted Jason today to tell him the cat had lost any and all masculinity, he replied, "Ouch." Brianna had some birthday money from her great-grandmother to spend, so when I went to Wal Mart this afternoon she picked something out for herself...she started in the shoe section, but when she realized she didn't have enough money for the princess shoes, she started asking for an outfit. I kept saying, "Bri, are you sure you don't want to look at the toys?" "Um.......no, I just want an outfit." Okay then. So we found a skirt and tank top for her (she insisted on a tank top) and then a headband as well. As we were walking by the toys she said she wanted to look at them and I told her "Okay, but you have to put one of the outfit things back if you want to get one." She said, "Oh. Then I don't want to look at toys." She's four! Barely four, at that! This kid is going to be hard on Jason's wallet when she hits her teens. This evening we went to church for music practice. While we were there a huuuuuuuge storm blew in and it rained like crazy. During the course of the evening the front door blew open and rain started pouring in the lobby, so I ran down the hallway to shut it, and had a very hard time with it. I was literally being pulled off my feet "like a cartoon character" as Shannon remarked. I was drenched on my back and arm after a brief struggle. Poor Eric, one of the guitarists, had the top of his jeep off today. I told him that on the plus side he wouldn't have to take a shower when he got home.

No comments: