Thursday, July 10, 2008

I can see my house from here!

Woke up bright and early this morning so Brianna and I could catch our plane home. We flew to Vegas, I had an amazing beverage from The Coffee Bean (we need one of those here.), then we flew back to Kansas City, arriving mid-afternoon. I had ridden with Jason to work yesterday morning so my car wasn't at the airport (gas prices!) so Bri and I spent the rest of his working day at the airport with him. I love getting to go out on the tarmac and drive around airport grounds with him. It's so cool knowing most people don't get to do that. Plus, planes are freaking awesome from the ground. Here is a picture of Brianna and Jason in front of the engine of an Airbus 319. Sweet. People who work in an office, eat your heart out. Going to work with him is so much cooler than, "so here's my desk........." After he got off work we went to grab some dinner and he drove me straight to rehearsal, pausing briefly for gridlock traffic on I-70. (Seriously? I don't care who was in town for a concert, it's Bonner Springs!) Roving imp rehearsal was rather off.......Jen was there to practice with John since she's never worked with him before. She was fantastic! As for me, there was little magic in it for the most part. Bummer. Hopefully the H7 show Saturday night will make up for it. Nifer drove me home and came inside to meet Sparticus (he got bigger in one day, I swear!) and it smelled heavilly of weed in my neighborhood. Spillover from the concert, or teenage boys? The world may never know.

2 comments:

Inky Neverwhere said...

*blush* Thanks, Jess! I loved your Evil Mom and Smelter/Bartender characters. Saturday will R-O-C-K!!!

I'm surprised we couldn't smell the "cloud" from the 311/Snoop Dogg concert over at the Imp tonight.

sugarbumkin said...

Aw, shucks, you're gonna make me blush! Thanks. :-)

We can also hear the concerts out here, I think it's something to do with the way the land is laid out, topographically speaking. I do believe geographically speaking my house is closer to the ampitheater.