Wednesday, August 6, 2008

For the first time I feel......Wicked.

Wonderful class session today. Susan was back!! I seriously LOVE her. I do! We did the most amazing stuff today. Stuff that made me think, why on earth don't we do this in Kansas City? I got to sit on the shoulders of two guys (who were standing fully upright, as in about six feet off the ground) while someone supported my legs and someone supported my back and another guy from the class was raised up in the same fashion as we waved to the empty cabaret tables and chairs as "King an Queen." Serious fun! This afternoon we had Mark Sutton again. We worked with emotions and status. Super intense, good stuff. Today I took five pages of notes. Awesome. Nifer and I have been her long enough to settle into a good routine and really be able to laugh at the other tourists. Our hotel is across the street from the Hancock building and at least four times a day we hear, "Oooh, isn't that the Sears tower? That's the fourth largest building in America!" *eye roll* Tonight we were going to see TJ and Dave, but unfortunately it's been sold out for weeks (I guess a Tony and Pulitzer award winning playwright is playing with them tonight) so we decided to try for the Wicked ticket lottery and yeah, my name got drawn! I saw it in New York (yes, by winning the lottery) a couple years ago and have been dying to see it again, so I figured I'd ask if Nifer if she wanted to see it and she was game. The ticket lottery is where you put your name in the hat (literally, it's a witch hat. Wicked witch of the West and all that.) and if they draw your name, you can buy up to two tickets in the first two rows for $25 each. We happened to get front row center (ahhh!) and it was incredible. Love it! We grabbed a coffee on the way back to the hotel and were walking up Michigan avenue when we heard a long, loud honk that went on forever. We looked over and saw two cars, a sedan (honking) and in front a small convertible with the top down. The guy in the convertible was just sitting there holding up the finger. This went on for probably two blocks. The situation was so ridiculous we were holding our sides laughing.

1 comment:

Lynette said...

I see you failed to explain that you were deprived of the lottery button--again!!!! Being the awesome sister that I am, I thought I'd put it in print for the world to know. NO BUTTON FOR YOU!!! (think Soup Nazi) =D