Wednesday, August 13, 2008

In Soviet Russia, coffee drinks you!

Melissa and I got together today for some long overdue coffee. As you can see, we chose the Starbucks in Target based upon it's sweeping views of shopping carts. It almost looks like she's trying to give me bunny ears with her arm behind me there. Nice. I would have applauded her if she had. We went to my place so I could do my semi-annual dumping of outgrown girl clothing upon her. Braelyn is about two and a half years younger than Bri, which is just perfect because by the time Brianna starts to outgrow her clothing and I FINALLY get her favorites away from her and hidden so she can't sneak them back, then get around to going through and pulling them out, Braelyn is just growing into them. It's a great system. I also gave her the carseat Brianna just outgrew. I had no idea what I was going to do with it until Melissa started complaining about how theirs is too small for Brae and she needed to get one. Bingo! It was great to see her again, it's been a while what with the busy busy summer I just put behind me. This evening I worked the soundboards at church again. I really enjoy helping out that way...I didn't realize how much being the soundperson can give you a subtle but very real power. I wonder if this is how Carl, Jen, and now Hans feel? I was walking to the car after practice and Eric made a snarky joke about me, then he said, "Oh crap, I shouldn't have said that. Now she's going to turn me way down in the monitor!" Ha ha ha....yeah, he's right. This evening Jason and I went out on the back deck to look at Jupiter (no, seriously, it's bright and teeny to the right of the moon) and when I turned around I saw a GIANT spider on our sliding glass door. This thing was positively gargantuan, probably about the size of a half dollar and bulbous to boot! I said, "Um..........yeah. I'm going inside. Kill it!" I got a drink of water and went downstairs. About five minutes later Jason came down looking sheepish. "Okay........I killed the spider." I sensed there was more to the story. "But?" "Um.........but I broke the broom." I laughed like crazy. Apparently he swatted at it and it fell to the deck and started crawling away, so he bashed it again and it was still moving, so he swatted again and stepped on the bristles, cracking the broom handle. Nice. At least the spider is dead. Take that, exoskeleton!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

without the lights and sound, performers are just standing in the dark...

Jen said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Way to go Jason! :)
BTW, you did great in the sound booth!

sugarbumkin said...

Yeah, he's my arachnid killing hero. :-) And thanks, I felt like I was floundering for a little bit, then it was all good.

Anonymous said...

ok! def have too all get together next month when I come for a visit. And take a coffee photo with ALL 3 of us!!! and I have to see her darnling lil girl again. omgosh. I miss you both!!! I'm looking forward to my visit so much, I miss KS.