Friday, August 22, 2008

What's the matter with kids today?

Ladies and gentlemen, the "Why Bother?" album. Featuring such hits as, "Remember us?" and, "We were cool 20 years ago!" Walkers and hearing aides have been digitally airbrushed out of photos and music videos, however, you can still see an authentic clip of the "Get off my lawn" montage on youtube. Seriously. I remember when I was really young (Leigha's age maybe?) and my teenage next door neighbor teamed up with a couple other girls from the neighborhood to form the "New Kids on the Block" fan club. Basically, they walked up and down our street chanting, "We love New Kids on the Block!" Over and over. Baby, you haven't got the right stuff anymore. Not much to say about today. I went to a children's clothing store to use a coupon and after browsing for forty minutes, hemming and hawing, finally coming to a decision and going to the front...they don't take coupons at that particular store. I said, "Oh....okay, thanks!" and started walking away and the lady said, "So is that a no on this purchase?" I said, "Well, yeah, I mean...I'll just go to another store. There are four in Kansas City." Viva la selection! (just mentally draw an accent over that 'i'.) Jason and I did a little bit of unpacking today. We came across one of our boxes of games. Now, you have to realize that when we moved to Kansas City we decided to rent for a year so we could find a good area of town to settle into and really take our time finding a house and therefore an awful lot of our things ended up going into the basement and staying packed the whole time we lived in that house....which ended up being two years. Back to today, I got the games out and set them on a shelf in the family room when Jason walked in. Both of us got the same confused look on our faces. "Um......we have Jenga? Did you know we had Jenga? When did we get Jenga?" Either way, we couldn't be happier. Every box unpacked is like Christmas morning for us.

2 comments:

Jen said...

umm I am totally buying that cd thanks!

sugarbumkin said...

You're actually not the only one I know. This is all very tongue in cheek, I hope you know. :-) In case you'd like to make fun of me for my musical tastes, I'll give you some ammo: I'm actually a closet Aqua fan. Have a great day. :-D