Sunday, August 17, 2008

Technology is delicious!

Oh man......today's picture was a difficult toss-up. This morning I went to church, as always, and when we went to pick Brianna up from the nursery Dustin pulled out his iPod touch and instantly all the men in the room were gravitated toward it and standing in a circle making little manly coo-ing noises. It was hilarious. While at church one of the newcomers came up to me for the second Sunday in a row and said, "Okay...I swear I know you from somewhere." Two weeks now she's been trying to place me and has been unsuccessful. This afternoon I took a nap (I just haven't been feeling right lately.) and had a very odd dream involving my car not working properly and Nifer insulting me by saying, "Where'd you learn to drive, Japan?" A little after five Nifer came over to rehearse with me.......which ended up turning into us having a conversation until it was time to go to Julie's for her dinner party. I was sitting on her couch chatting with Nifer when another guest showed up, and it was the newcomer (Rachel) from church! (That's not her on the couch.) She walked in and I was like, "Oh! That's how you know me!" Her eyes just about popped out of her head and we both laughed at how freakish a coincedence that was. She came to one of our shows a long while back. Julie made a delectable roast with potatoes and carrots. Julie, I applaud you for your incredibleness. We played a couple games and I came home early-ish so Jason could go play poker, but it was called off this evening. I'm bummed he didn't get to go play because that's his thing, but yay for extra Jason time!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rachel. Not Rebecca.
~jewels

sugarbumkin said...

Aw crap in a sandwich. Thanks! *corrected*

Nifer said...

I love that you captured the super-long ceiling fan chain.