Saturday, August 30, 2008

I just killed you in my mind

Holy cow. Seriously, just....I mean, wow. If I could give out awards for "best improv night," tonight would pretty much come in first. Tonight was Thunderdome, season 2 round 3. Burnin' Sternums vs. Fluffer Nutter vs. Type O Positive. (I just noticed Pete is blinking in this shot, so sorry Pete!) First up was Burnin' Sternums. They had a hilarious piece set at a family reunion. You just gotta love it when the first line is, "This potato salad is really watery." Next up was Nifer and I. We went backstage and "warmed up." Which pretty much involved us going, "Uh...okay, remember to be good." We had planned to just do three scenes, each about 7-10 minutes apiece. We ended up doing a spontaneous 25 minute freeform set that felt like it flew by in about 2 seconds! We got thunderous applause and roaring laughter, fueled by a lightning storm of comedy. (sorry, so sorry) As we came off stage Jared was giving us the "rock" salute. People swarmed us to shower us in complements, it felt so, so good! I've never experienced anything like it! After a short intermission Type O Positive finished out the night with an improvised play about a girl who had to choose between her love of a man and her love of candy. It was a lot of fun, we all laughed a lot. While the audience voted we all went back onstage to play a round of freeze tag (two people do a scene until someone yells out "freeze" then tags out one of the players, takes their exact position, and starts a brand new scene) In the end, it was announced that Type O Positive won and would be heading on to the final round. Yay for them! Afterward we celebrated with drinks and I accidentally broke my glass by knocking it over. Whoops...... I had been thinking about posting a picture of just Nifer and I, but this was truly an amazing show because every person there did a fantastic job and I am so proud I got to be a part of it.

No comments: