Saturday, February 2, 2008

Let's go downtown!


This morning I had a planning meeting for the Kansas City Improv Festival, which is in September. We met at a coffee shop downtown and I told the girls if they were good we'd go to Kaleidoscope afterward (which I keep mixing up with Wonderscope in my head, dangit). They were perfect. For those of you who don't know, Hallmark is based out of Kansas City, and their building complex campus name is "Crown Center," which is also the name of the shopping area built into the skywalks around it. Kaleidoscope is in the complex and it's a place where kids can basically run around and make crafts and stuff, and it's free! It's so cool. The girls just loved it. When we were leaving there was a small stage erected in the food area of the shopping center, and the Coterie Theater was going to be doing a kid's show right when we happened to be there, so of course I took the girls to that as well. It was great. I love getting to do cool things with them. We had a dissapointing turnout for Roving Imp tonight, which sucks. Oh well. I have two shows coming up this week that I know for a fact are going to be well attended, so that's some consolation.

4 comments:

Spark*Life said...

I used to love Kalidescope when I was a kid. I can't figure out where it is. Next time you go let me know, I'd love to use the kids as a cover so I can go play! ;) I'm glad you discovered the Coterie Theater. I never thought about you now knowing that it was there, come summer I can really show you the joys of KC! ;)

sugarbumkin said...

Please, I know where all the theaters are! It's my thing! Everything else...well, I'm kind of lost.

This summer will rock!

Inky Neverwhere said...

I wanna go to Kaleidoscope! I wanna go to Kaleidoscope! I wanna go to Kaleidoscope! Take me with you! Pleasepleasepleaseplease!

(ad infinitum)

sugarbumkin said...

Ha ha! You're so cute, Jen!

How about we all have a "Hype 7" day at Kaleidoscope under the guise of taking the girls?

"Okay, so how many kids are in your party?"
"Two."
"Allrighty, and how many adults?"
"Uh...seven? They're my girls' servants...um, yeah..."