Saturday, September 20, 2008

Arts District

This morning the girls and I got up and dressed and we headed into town with Sheila. The little town she works in had it's fall festival today and her medical practice always does a float in the parade. Every year since we've lived here now we've been in it. We decorated the float with balloons and some of them were the long kind, so I made several balloon animals for kids. Sweet. We got on the float then took our position in the line. I saw several grown men and women with mullets and rattails, completely without irony or shame. Ah, Missouri. Sheila is coming out tomorrow to give us our doors, and she offered to keep the girls overnight. So about 2:30 I left so I could get back on time for my shows tonight. Jason came with me and watched our fantastic 7 pm performance, then at 9 was the improv jam, in which everyone who wants to can come up and participate in games. I signed Jason up unwittingly (mua ha ha!) so he did a few games. This is him and I playing "Hitchhiker." I'm the driver of a car (with an 'L' shaped steering wheel?) and he's a hitchhiker I picked up. The object of the game is for me to guess what his 'quirk' is. (He was a huge nerd.) He had a lot of fun, and actually got quite a few laughs. I enjoyed watching him. After the show we went to the house of some amazing 'regulars' that frequent the theater, then Jason and I ducked out quite early and went out just the two of us for a late late dinner. I love getting to go out with him and not watch the clock.

2 comments:

Michelle Lee said...

Hey so sorry I wasn't able to make it, I missed out on some good laughs just by that picture. :) If its ok with you, maybe we can get a LAAAATE night drink tomorrow. A friend of mine is wanting to go out to the movies which will be out in overland park, the half way mark for the 2 of us. Then I'll be heading back through near you. So if there are places open that late there we can grab a drink. I'm not postive on the whole movie thing, or time. But I will let you know!

sugarbumkin said...

Sounds good, get back to me when you can! :-)