Thursday, September 11, 2008

Tragic Kingdom

September 11th, 2008. Now the official "Earliest date I've ever seen Christmas decorations on the shelf of a store that does not exclusively sell crafty items." Speaking of September 11th, I would like to acknowledge that today is the seventh anniversary of the terrorist attacks, as we all know, and I'm glad to say that while Americans will never forget (just like the bumper stickers say) it is nice to know that we are all moving forward with our lives and that seven years ago on this date it seemed as though life would never return to normal and nothing would ever be the same in our country...that has not been the case. Yay for true Western culture grit and gosh darn persnicketyness! This morning I had a great conversation with Leigha. I was teasing her and I said, "Leigha, time to wake up!" (she was eating her cereal and just gave me a look) "Rise and shine, sleepyhead! It's a brand new day and you can do anything you want with it!" She perked up at that. "Really?????" "*laugh* No." "Oh....just imagine if you could do anything you wanted for one day." "What would you do, Leigha?" "I'd borrow a wand from a faerie and make UNICORNS. They'd be so pretty. I'd name one Charlie." Such a girl! Bri and I went to Target today, hence the Christmas ornament picture, and the Halloween items were out. She got SO scared, poor thing. Jen and I met up for coffee then came back to my house so I could giver her a few things and she could give me some blue thread (making rag rugs for the girls for Christmas. There are a lot of Christmas mentions in this post.....) Rehearsal was a lot of fun, I'm really starting to relax more and more with improv. I used to be pretty uptight when I'd go onstage. I have a little ways to go yet as far as relaxation, but I'm getting there.

Merry Christmas, everyone! And God bless us, every one!

2 comments:

Michelle Lee said...

HEY! So I'm just writing a quick comment on here so you can find MY blog, which I've had since like feb... whoot! so you can check that out if you like


ps. I just LOVE how early every place is getting their holiday stuff out. We had halloween here mid way through august. I need christmas stuff tho for christmas photos before Joe leaves.... anyways. heres my blog.

sugarbumkin said...

Sweet! Love love love the name! *runs to check it out*