Friday, September 12, 2008

Now it's our turn!

Jason got off work a little early today. I drove to the Imp so I could carpool with John, Carl, and Patrick and I'm so glad I did. It was absolutely POURING rain, and a tornado warning followed us all the way into Missouri! We got to Union Station right on time, though, and cozilly ensconced ourselves into the front row so Trish and Tim could give us the rundown on how tonight was to go. Roving Imps were slated to perform right after intermission, so we got to sit and watch the first two groups (Loaded Dice and Counterclockwise Comedy) perform. It went pretty well after some technical difficulties (Ironic because Some Technical Difficulties is a troupe from Liberty. It would have been more ironic if they had performed tonight...) During intermission we went back to the green room and warmed up. Here you can see us doing the classic, "Where have your fingers been?" You do a little song then someone points to another person and says a location and the person pointed to acts out a little scene using their index fingers as the characters. Quite fun. We were called up after a few minutes and waited in the wings, then ran out and did our set (it went okay, nothing too spectacular, but not half bad) then went back to the green room. Oh, and by the way, they had it stocked with snacks for us. Sweet. We talked for a minute or two before running around the back way to the lobby and sneaking back into the theater to catch the last part of Tantrum's set. A good kickoff to the local weekend of festival, if you ask me. We all went to McCoy's for the after party and there was much rejoicing. I rode back with Julie and we were sopping wet because of the torrential downpour. I don't think we got over 40 mph the entire way home. It was raining so hard that I asked her if she could just drop me off at home instead of back at the theater. I'll get my car tomorrow.

No comments: