Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Reluctantly crouched at the starting line....

We dropped Sparticus off at the vet this morning. Poor thing. Jason and I had a fun fun fun day going to the DMV and then to two hardware stores looking for hinges. I began painting the front door today, it's gonna be preeeeetty. I went to Hype 7 rehearsal/audition tonight. Patrick from Roving Imp auditioned. It was a really fun rehearsal, we did a lot of good stuff, and if he made it or not, well, it hasn't been announced and I'm not at liberty to say. Hype 7'ers guard our secrets well. *mysterious eyes* Plus, Patrick reads this blog. Hi, Patrick! After rehearsal/audition we went to the dive bar next door for discussion and sixty cent slyders. While we were there they were having some kind of promotion for "Crown Royal." I got a blinky button, nice. Apparently there's a big Nascar race at the Speedway this weekend and they had a pace car in the back. We went outside to investigate and a guy came up and said hi to us, we asked if we could get a picture with the car and he said sure, then said, "Do you know who I am?" I said, "No." He said, "I'm Jamie McMurray." His name was on the side of the car. As in, he was the driver. I said, "Oh! Oh, hi! I'm sorry, I'm actually not really a racing fan." He said, "That's okay, not everyone can be." Then offered to take our picture. My camera kept shutting off (I hate how it runs out of batteries without notice) so we took this picture on Nifer's camera phone and she e-mailed it to me before we even drove away from the parking lot. Ah, technology!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should have asked him if he knew who you were.

Anonymous said...

Haha, yes! I made it!

sugarbumkin said...

Yes, yes you did. :-D