Friday, September 5, 2008

A lovely night

Sent Leigha to school this morning, entertained Jason's dad all day, then Jason got off early so we could go to the Kansas City Improv festival! Yay! I ushered tonight, which means I passed out programs, ignored dirty looks from people as I sat them, then picked up trash afterward. The show was absolutely incredible, we had four troupes from all over the country perform for us. I was completely dazzled the entire time, it was just amazing. As for just who the guy is in the picture...well, I'm getting to that. Now, if you watch Saturday Night Live, you've probably been waiting for me to confirm what you already know. Yes, that is Jason Sudeikis. Suprise! He's origionally from Kansas City and is in the group Der Monkenpickle, as is Corey Rittmaster, who I performed with a while ago at the Imp. I went up to him after the show and explained that I have a photo blog and that I'm a local improviser, and asked if he wanted to be guest star on my blog. He said, "I'd love to, what do I have to do?" "Smile!" "Oh, just a picture? Cool!" Sweet. A lot of people who knew him when were there. Anyhow, after we all went out to Californo's for the after party. It was great. Free appetizers and drink specials. Woo! Also, there was a great piano player there and she invited me to sing with her. I sang "Someone to Watch Over Me." Gotta love Gershwin. I'm so glad Jason got to come with me (Jason my hubby, not Jason Sudeikis, although that was pretty sweet) we had a great time, and it was wonderful spending time with him in the improv world, which we don't get to do just the two of us very often. Mmm. Magic.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Sounds like a good night!

sugarbumkin said...

Oh, it was fantastic! You should totally come with me next Friday night when we perform, it'll be fun!