Wednesday, October 22, 2008

12 Ounces, No Baggie.

This morning Bri and I went to Bonner Springs with Melissa. They have a cute little thrift shop downtown and I managed to snag another sweet vintage pattern for twenty five cents! Since we were already there and it was raining, we decided to hit up Jet Fuel Coffee. I love love love them. They've got a great aviation theme with bright cozy colors and amazing coffee. Today was the first time I've ever tried their pumpkin spice latte and it was better than Starbucks' PSL. And Starbucks NAILED the fine art of the PSL. I gotta get back there before the season is over. When I went to the library the other day I picked up the first season DVD of The Office. I watched three episodes this afternoon when Bri went down for her nap. It was all right, I thought it was pretty funny. From what I hear it really grows on you, especially around season 2. I'm guessing I'll be hooked eventually, but I'm not there yet. I'll let you know when I am.

5 comments:

Michelle Lee said...

Oh I know what you mean about the office season one, I disliked it a lot! It def started to grow on me 2nd season, and now I'm just as excited to watch it as anyone who was a fan from the start. And I'd have to disagree with you on Starbucks nailing the pumpkin spice latte, they are def on the bottom of the list.

sugarbumkin said...

Ha ha! It doesn't surprise me that you would put Starbucks on the bottom. :-D Who, in your opinion has the best one? I've tried them at Scooters, Panera, and Joe Muggs, not to mention Seattle's Best Coffee, and none of them seemed to get it. It always had an acidic tang to it. Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf has a pretty good one, but I'd always preferred Starbucks. Until now.

notforthelifeofme said...

The first season of The Office was still using the British (and original) version as a crutch. Much about the first episode is verbatim from the first British episode.

Do watch the extras, though. How could you not obsess over Diversity Day? Dad laughed so hard at that one; more than I think I've ever heard him laugh!

sugarbumkin said...

Oh, interesting. Glad they decided to break away and do their own thing. Thanks for letting me know about the extras, perhaps I will take a look tomorrow! I have the DVD from the library until Monday.

Michelle Lee said...

Its not the big coffee companys that make the best (or the list), you've got to find the local ones, the ones the CARE about the coffee, and the taste, not ones who are just in it for the money. All bigs ones started off like the little ones, but then money makes everyone change and be greedy. I had a pumkpin carmel one from the coffee shop I could have had a job at, and that was amazing!