Friday, October 24, 2008

Wigwam Mall

Jason and I have been planning this trip to Colorado for a while now, but we weren't sure what flight we were going to take. One flight was filling up fast and the other was on Southwest, which we hate. About three today Jason called and said one of the flights was late and we'd be able to get on it. Score! In order to make the flight I had to leave when Leigha got out of school at four. Procrastinator that I am, I hadn't even packed yet, so I got my butt into gear and by 3:30 I was done. At 3:40 my mother in law called and asked if we were going to be home tonight. She has an early meeting tomorrow in Kansas City and wanted to spend the night at our house. I said, "Well, we're not going to be here, but I'll hide a key for you." "Oh. Well what time are you leaving?" "In 20 minutes." "Wow....I'm glad I called you when I did!" We got to the airport and flew to Denver. This picture is the inside of the main terminal at Denver International Airport. The first time I ever saw DIA (at the age of 15) I wrote in my diary that it looked like a shopping mall that they ran out of money for and they had to resort to creating a roof out of tents, then I drew a sketch of it and dubbed it the "Wigwam Mall." I'd say that was a pretty accurate statement. We got our rental car and drove to Pueblo where our good friends, Aaron and Areasha live. We haven't seen them since Bri was just a tiny baby, so it's been great catching up. About 10 this evening Areasha and I sent the boys to the store to load up on Ben and Jerry's, and they came back with several of the 3 oz. sizes. Nice. (Jessica tired, over and out.)

No comments: