Saturday, October 4, 2008

How to race the clock and win

This afternoon I was going about my usual Saturday lunchtime routine when I remembered that we hadn't gotten a present for the birthday girl whose party Leigha was going to attend at one o clock. It was noon when I remembered. So I asked Leigha what the girl was into and Leigha said "Bunnies." Bingo. We have tons of stuffed bunnies that the girls have been given for Easter and some still have their tags and everything. So I went searching through the boxes in the garage and found a nice one with jointed arms. I felt bad about just grabbing something out of a box so I decided I would whip up a dress real quick for the bunny. I told the girls to eat lunch and I told Leigha to make a card, and I started furiously cutting and piecing fabric together. Somehow or other, thanks to my mad sweatshop skillz I didn't know I posses, I whipped up a cute little dress just in time to send Leigha out the door (that's about to be replaced) to the party. *whew!* This evening we all went to see the Trivial Prov-Suit show at the Imp. It's one I haven't been able to catch yet. It was pretty fun and we had a good time. As we were walking out the door, to head to Wal Mart, I realized that all three of us girls were wearing skirts, which never happens. I wonder if anyone mistook us for menonites?

2 comments:

notforthelifeofme said...

That's the shirt that I stole from Leigha and put on--it fit again! Then Leigha said "Aunt Lynette, all of these words mean you!" It cracked me up.

sugarbumkin said...

Oh that kid of mine. She's a sweet one!