Monday, October 6, 2008

Always a bride.

My best friend from kindergarten is getting married in January and asked me to be one of her bridesmaids. I wonder if anyone has ever said no to that question? She told us we could pick our own dresses, it just had to be wine red in color. So, after a long search I found the perfect dress (on ebay no less!) and it arrived today. Isn't it gorgeous? The skirt is full, the waist nips in making me look super duper skinny.......and it gives me Rennaisance boob syndrome. (what the heck? It has a high neckline, too!) Perhaps I can minimize a couple things before the big day. I wouldn't want to *cough* overshadow the bride. With proper undergarments and dropping of a few pounds, it shouldn't be any kind of an issue. Jason and I ran several errands today, and while we were out and about I dragged him to a super cool modern arts and crafts store that I found in a local online directory. I was looking for vintage fabric reproductions and stumbled on their website, and began to salivate over the pictures of the store. Recently I had sketched out a few design ideas for some clothes, so I picked out a few different fabrics and I'm going to start making myself a shirt. If you're thinking to yourself, "Geez, Jess, you're already making two rugs, learning to play the mandolin, AND your hair looks cute." Remember this....I may take on ten gajillion projects at the same time, but almost all of them can be done while kicking back in front of the TV, thus un-wasting wasted time. Oh, and thanks, I think your hair is TOTALLY cute too. I mean it!

No comments: