Sunday, October 12, 2008

Heidi deidi die!

Today was the Instant Coffee Comedy Hour's show. We rocked the socks off that nursing home, I tells ya! Here's Nifer and I, Tim, Scott, and Jen is sitting playing guitar. It looks for all the world as though Tim is mugging for the camera. It was absolutely hysterical. We played a game called "Wedding shower" in which the 'bride' is given four gifts: Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue, and she has to guess what they all are. When Jen asked for a suggestion of "something old," one of the ladies shouted, "One of us!" Niiiiiiiiice!!!! Elderly people are so cool. Jason and the girls came to watch and the show and some of the older ladies just loved seeing them. One of them told us there was an ice cream parlour at the back of the massive lobby we had played in, and sure enough, there it was. A self-served, free ice cream parlour that featured six kinds of ice cream! How cool is that? After the show Jen and I headed in to Westport. We had another sketch writing meeting so instead of driving home, killing half an hour and driving back, we decided to go vintage shopping. I found a 1950's dress pattern at Boomerang that was just peachy, and only $2! While I was looking at the hats the door to the shop opened, I heard someone gasp in excitement, and suddenly there was a skinny person hugging me. I stiffened and froze, unsure of what to do, when the skinny person stepped back and materialized into Joe Henley. I said, "Oh! Oh, hi! I had no idea who you were for a second there." He said, "Yeah, I felt your reaction and I was afraid I had just run up and hugged the wrong person." Heh heh. We chatted for a bit then Jen and I left for the meeting. It went pretty well, we read through a couple scripts and talked more about what our name should be (I suggested 'Schtick Figures') and such. I arrived home early and Jason and I bathed a very upset cat. Ah, life's little pleasures.

No comments: