Friday, October 10, 2008

A hunting we will go!


The girls and I went to a pumpkin patch today. They had no clue where I was taking them, so when I started following the round orange signs there was much rejoicing from the back seat. I found a really cool place, too. Most pumpkin farms charge admission (?????) that costs more than the pumpkin you were there to buy in the first place. Please to explain? So I searched online and found one that had a free hay maze, tractor rides to and from the field, and a playground. No admission. Yeah, baby! Here are the girls on the tractor going back to the store. Leigha is holding Jason's pumpkin because she wanted a white one but they were all by the store. Brianna wanted a small pumpkin and squeaked when she saw the one she ended up getting. We paid for the pumpkins and put them in the car, then went back and did the maze. It was cool, they didn't use dinky bales of hay, they used the big round ones and they had placed them on their sides so they stood up really tall. We went around through several dead ends before coming to a place where you could choose to either go through a small pipe or go around the hay to the other side. The girls opted to go through the pipe...and so did I. Leigha was amazed that I fit through there and she was laughing hard about it. Luckily I had worn my black cords I got yesterday, so not only did the hay cling, but the black color showed every particle of dirt stuck to me. Worth it! I let the girls play in the playground for a while then we got back in the car. Leigha said, "Mom, that was fun. Let's go back there next year." We probably will. In case you're wondering about the pumpkins we planted in the back yard, they were doing great until we got all that rain in July and they became water logged, broke, and died. Dang.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job finding a good deal. If everyone else did too, those evil admission-charging pumpkin patches would be out of business. ;)

Inky Neverwhere said...

Patrick! Don't! politicize! the pumpkin! patches! They're just! freakin'! pumpkins!

*tee hee hee*

sugarbumkin said...

I dunno...Leigha's white pumpkin said something about there being a Ron Paul revolution....I dunno. Maybe it was just the wind.

Anonymous said...

Whenever somebody says Ron Paul, I get this huge adrenalin boost and want to run out in the streets and scream "ANARCHY!!!!!!! WOOO!!!!"My heart rate literally speeds up. Ron Paul is the best thing since Reagan.