Thursday, October 2, 2008

Where have your fingers been?

One of the warmups we do is called "Where have your fingers been?" We all stand in a circle and do the chanting song, then someone points to someone else, gives them a location, and that person acts out a scene with their fingers. It's so much fun! Tonight at rehearsal we played an EXTREME version of that game. John set up a tabletop and had us act out scenes with our fingers, only this time they moved around and such, as you see Josh and Jeremy doing here. A few of the scenes John would say, "Okay, now do that in real life!" One such scene was one I found myself in with Nifer. We were on Mars and my finger was bouncing really high because of the lessened gravity (don't know or care if that's factual, it was an improv scene.) and then Julie's hand entered the scene as the Mars Rover and my hand representing my character rode out on it. John said, "Okay. Now show me THAT scene in real life." Whoa! So I entered jumping and out of nowhere Jeremy came up behind me and picked me up every time I leaped, so I was literally BOUNDING across that stage! Then at the end Julie entered, crawling, as the Mars Rover and I literally got to ride her off into the sunset. How fun is that?? I was giggling so hard! I don't think I'd had that much fun in a scene since Chicago, although there have been super fun scenes since. This is why I do this stuff.

No comments: