Sunday, October 19, 2008

I dream of Jessie

Being one of two girls in a sketch group is a little much, especially if the other girl is mostly confined behind a sound booth. We read through several scripts tonight (one in which Joe Henley and I got to be vampires and hissed at one another. Fun!) and began talking about the name again. Still haven't got one. Oh well, maybe later this week. One thing's for sure, though-it's a good thing I'm quick with memorization, a skill I rarely use as an improviser. Jason and I have settled into a Sunday evening routine of working on various projects while within the general vicinity of the TV. A local station shows retro TV shows Sunday evenings, including my personal favorite, "I Dream of Jeannie." I love love love that show, but haven't had much opportunity to see it on a regular basis due to the fact that my parents didn't do the whole cable thing, even when we lived in a remote corner of Colorado and only got like two channels. (Yes, Mommy and Daddy, that's right. I know you read this blog and I'm totally outing you on the matter. ;-) (Yes, everyone else, I do call my parents Mommy and Daddy still. I never saw the need to change what I called them as I grew older. Got a problem with that? Deal with it. ;-) (Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Clause. ;-) But I digress....Thanks to "I Dream of Jeannie," and other fine programs, such as the ones featured on The Weather Channel, I finished Leigha's rag rug and am about halfway through with Brianna's. I thought those would take much longer. Woo!

7 comments:

Jen said...

I'm more of a Bewitched girl myself! :)

sugarbumkin said...

I actually saw Bewitched last night for the first time, I thought it was super cute!

notforthelifeofme said...

Did you know that you can tell if Jeanne is one of the newer episodes when you can see her belly button! It was too "sexy" beforehand! :)

Oh, and I like Bewitched, too. Though with the first husband moreso than the second actor who played him.

sugarbumkin said...

Actually, I must not have seen one of the later episodes yet because I did not know they relaxed the bellybutton policy! Nice! :-)

Anonymous said...

"...actually saw Bewitched last night for the first time..."??? Man, you really know how to make a girl feel OLD. Thanks!

sugarbumkin said...

And you just made me realize I used the word 'actually' in both comments I left. Now that makes me feel verbally challenged!

You're not old, Nikki, you're vibrant and really pretty! I wish my hair looked as cute in a ponytail as yours does!

Anonymous said...

Ah yes. Just the compliments I was fishing for. Cha-ching!